Starbucks Snickerdoodle Hot Chocolate
Starbucks Snickerdoodle Hot Chocolate is a delicious “secret menu” drink that’s a twist on a regular hot cocoa.
Getting its inspiration from cinnamon-covered snickerdoodle cookies, Starbucks Snickerdoodle Hot Chocolate is a creamy white hot chocolate with cinnamon dolce flavoring added in.
At one time, Snickerdoodle hot cocoa was actually an official drink on the winter Starbucks menu.
However, even though this cold-weather hot chocolate is no longer listed on the annual holiday menu, you can still order it.
RELATED RECIPE: Starbucks Snickerdoodle Hot Chocolate Copycat Recipe
- Starbucks Snickerdoodle Hot Cocoa is a hot chocolate beverage that combines steamed milk with white chocolate sauce and cinnamon dolce syrup. It’s topped with whipped cream and cinnamon dolce sprinkles.
- This particular hot chocolate is an off-menu drink, meaning it was listed on the menu at one time, but it’s still possible to order.
- You can order other snickerdoodle “secret menu” drinks, like lattes and frappuccinos, by adding cinnamon dolce syrup to any kind of white mocha beverage.
- Snickerdoodle white hot chocolate is caffeine-free. Other non-coffee Starbucks holiday drinks include Chestnut Praline Creme and Caramel Brulee Creme.
Starbucks Drink Description
Here’s how Starbucks described Snickerdoodle Hot Cocoa when it was on the 2016 winter menu.
A cookie classic meets a cold-weather favorite, made with white chocolate, cinnamon dolce syrup and topped with cinnamon sugar. Get ready for cookie-sipping magic.Starbucks
RELATED RECIPE: How to Make Starbucks Peppermint Hot Chocolate
What’s in Snickerdoodle Hot Chocolate
Wondering exactly what’s in this delicious hot cocoa?
Starbucks Snickerdoodle Hot Chocolate combines steamed milk with creamy white chocolate sauce and cinnamon dolce syrup.
It’s topped with sweetened vanilla whipped cream and cinnamon sugar.
Snickerdoodle Hot Chocolate Ingredients
- Cinnamon Dolce Syrup
- White Chocolate Sauce
- Steamed 2% Milk
- Whipped Cream
- Cinnamon Dolce Topping
Cinnamon Dolce Syrup: This syrup is sugar-based and full of cinnamon flavor.
Here’s my recipe for homemade cinnamon dolce syrup.
White Chocolate Sauce: This is the same sauce Starbucks uses to make white chocolate mocha beverages. The sauce itself does not have any coffee in it.
Steamed Milk: Two-percent steamed milk is the standard milk in most hot drinks at Starbucks.
However, Starbucks has 10 milk options to pick from.
Whipped Cream: Starbucks whipped cream is sweetened and flavored with vanilla syrup. That’s why it’s so irresistible.
Here’s how to make Starbucks whipped cream at home.
Cinnamon Dolce Topping: This cinnamon sugar topping is the final touch on many cinnamon drinks at Starbucks.
Is Starbucks Snickerdoodle Hot Cocoa a good drink for kids?
Starbucks line-up of steamers and hot chocolates are all kid-friendly drinks.
Both types of drinks are simply steamed milk flavored with syrup, chocolate sauce or a combination of syrup and sauce.
If you’re looking for a good Starbucks drink for your child, you’ll be pleased to know that all the hot chocolates and steamers do not have any coffee or tea in them.
In fact, the only bit of caffeine is in regular dark hot chocolate beverages.
RELATED: Ultimate Guide to Starbucks Hot Chocolate
Starbucks Kids Size and Temp
To order a kid-friendly snickerdoodle hot chocolate, ask for kids size.
A kids size drink at Starbucks is the same as an 8-ounce short drink but it costs less.
The barista should ask if you want it at kids temp.
This means the milk is steamed to 130°F compared to the normal 160°F. On the app, switch “steamed hot” to “warm.”
How to Order a Snickerdoodle Hot Chocolate
A Snickerdoodle Hot Chocolate at Starbucks is a white hot chocolate that’s customized with cinnamon dolce syrup and cinnamon dolce topping.
It comes in all four hot drink sizes: short, tall, grande and venti.
While it may seem logical to customize a white hot chocolate, there’s a cheaper way.
The cheapest way to order a Snickerdoodle hot chocolate at Starbucks is to customize a peppermint white hot chocolate.
This saves more than a dollar for all sizes!
Steps to Order Snickerdoodle Hot Chocolate with the App
Note: Peppermint white hot chocolate is only on the menu during the winter months. If you want a snickerdoodle hot chocolate during another season, you have to customize a regular white hot chocolate.
- First, go to the hot drinks section of the menu and select a peppermint white hot chocolate.
- Next, change the number of pumps of peppermint syrup to “no peppermint syrup” and switch the topping to “no chocolate curls topping.” If you order a regular white hot chocolate as a foundation, skip this step.
- Tap the customize button. Scroll to the Flavors section and select cinnamon dolce syrup. Change the number of pumps to the same amount as the white chocolate sauce. For example, a grande has 4 pumps of sauce, so add-in 4 pumps of syrup.
- Finally, go to the Add Topping Options section and select cinnamon dolce sprinkles.
To order a Snickerdoodle Hot Chocolate according to the original Starbucks recipe, ask for a grande with 2 pumps of white chocolate mocha sauce and 2 pumps of cinnamon dolce syrup.
Questions You May Have
Snickerdoodle Hot Chocolate is no longer listed on the winter menu at Starbucks so you need to order this off-menu drink by asking the barista for cinnamon dolce syrup in a white hot chocolate.
Snickerdoodle white hot chocolate is a good option for kids since it does not contain any caffeine and the milk can be steamed to a lower temperature.
Hot chocolate is a popular winter drink, but at Starbucks a Snickerdoodle hot cocoa can be ordered anytime of year. Starbucks has white mocha sauce, cinnamon dolce syrup and cinnamon sugar topping on-hand all year long.